West Virginia University understands that meeting the needs of today’s professional couples is a critical factor in recruiting and retaining new faculty and senior staff. Many prospective and newly hired faculty and senior staff candidates at WVU have spouses/partners who are also pursuing employment in the surrounding community. The Dual Career Program strives to provide a high level of support to couples and their families as they consider faculty and senior staff appointment opportunities within WVU.
- Attract and retain first-rate dual career couples to West Virginia University and Morgantown, WV
- Enrich WVU’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and talent retention
- Provide customized assistance and support to new and currently recruited faculty and senior staff spouses/partners (and the spouses/partners of key retention positions) in their job search efforts
- Deliver tailored information and resources towards relocating into the Morgantown community
- Engage employers of Monongalia County and the surrounding area to build networking and employment opportunities for our Dual Career clients